When you think of theme parks, you probably think of a family with 2.5 children, maybe grandma and grandpa tagging along, aunts, uncles, cousins…or even just a day at the parks with your friends. But, for those of us with a deep love for detailed theming, immersive storytelling, and being transported to another time and place…sometimes, the only option is a solo trip!
Apple: http://apple.co/2vN2PcK Spotify: http://spoti.fi/2mM1srl iHeart: http://bit.ly/2xmiFLm TuneIn: http://bit.ly/2yOfiRd Google Play: https://bit.ly/2HvNc38
“Like” No Midnight Podcast on Facebook, and join us Wednesday nights at 8pm pacific…and join the conversation!
THE RUN SHEET
Kory: Welcome to Happy Hour Live, our completely live and interactive Wednesday night show. If you want to join the conversation you can join us in the Facebook Live on Wednesday nights at 8pm pacific. I’m Kory (cast introductions (Adam, Albie, Philly) and joining us here in the studio for the first time, our SoCal Instagram reporter…Dante! *banter to end of bed.*
Kory (Intro Topic One): When you think of theme parks, you probably think of a family with 2.5 children, maybe grandma and grandpa tagging along, aunts, uncles, cousins…or even just a day at the parks with your friends. But, for those of us with a deep love for detailed theming, immersive storytelling, and being transported to another time and place…sometimes, the only option is a solo trip!
For as long as I can personally remember, I have enjoyed spending time in the parks by myself, and all of the good, bad, an in-between that comes along with it.
Almost everyone on the show today has spent some solo time at the parks, and almost all of us love it. It’s not without its disadvantages, but if you want your parks fix, sometime you just have to do it yourself.
Are you considering a solo trip? Or maybe you are like Albie and think it’s weird to go to Disneyland alone…tonight, we’ll discuss visiting the parks….solo!
Topic 1: 10-15 minutes.
- General discussion of our solo adventures at Disneyland (ie; meeting new people, single rider, doing whatever you want, people-watching, chill, etc.)
- Facebook comments?
Topic 2: 10 mins
- Kory: File this one away under, “Why dude!?” A YouTuber from Arizona was arrested for public intoxication, and disturbing the peace after he called a report of a live shooter at the Contemporary Resort so he could record guests reactions. He says he told guests he was joking. *face palm* According you WDWInfo, the incident put the entire resort on lockdown shortly after midnight. Police found Dillon Burch hiding in bushes outside the hotel, and he was taken into custody.
- Let’s spend 5-10 mins making fun of this goof.
- Facebook comments?
HOUSEKEEPING: 5 mins or less
- Kory: Angie and Josh, our friends at Modern Mouse Boutique have launched a new website with bow ties, pocket squares, mouse ears, hats and other parks themed accessories, they’ll even to custom work. You can get 10% with the promo code NOMIDNIGHT at ModernMouseBoutique.com.
- Adam: This Friday we debut a brand new series called “Things Disney Wishes You Would Forget,” a series that will no doubt rub Disney the wrong way, but…we’re still doing it. This week’s show is all about WestCOT, Disney’s California Adventure 1.0, and the heinous and infamous Superstar Limo. Look for that show this Friday wherever you get your podcasts.
- Albie: The No Midnight Podcast is made possible by donations from Skyler, Josh, Daniel, Samuel, Leanne, Jody, Barbara, Samuel, Candice, Bradley and Christopher. Thanks so much for being a part of the No Midnight Podcast family!
- Kory: For info on how to support the show for as little as a dollar a month, head to NoMidnightPodcast.com and click support, or click merch to check out our brand new merch store!
- Albie: You can reach us on social media at TweetNoMidnight on Twitter, No Midnight Podcast on Facebook and Instagram.
- Kory: orrrrrr….you can leave us a 5 star review on Apple Podcasts!!! *applaud*:
Leave us a 5 star review on Apple Podcasts and we will read it on the show!
Make sure you join our Facebook group for cool bonus content, just search for No Midnight Podcast, click like, then click community!
Thanks to Dante for joining us in studio (plug social), look for Adam and I this weekend at Disneyland for some podcast meetings, and content gathering…and of course we will have some free No Midnight swag to give away.
Albie: Plug your Story Geeks appearance!
Friday, look for ‘Things Disney Wishes You Would Forget’, Monday Trending, and next week right here for Happy Hour Live….*wrap show*