An article in the Huffington Post has brought some attention to an issue that has long plagued larger people who enjoy theme parks. Those seats are just not made for big people. What is the answer? Do theme parks need to start making their ride vehicles safer for larger people? Or do people just plain need to lose weight? It’s a complex issue and tonight, we’ll hear some very personal, real stories about this very thing.
Apple: http://apple.co/2vN2PcK Spotify: http://spoti.fi/2mM1srl iHeart: http://bit.ly/2xmiFLm TuneIn: http://bit.ly/2yOfiRd Google Play: https://bit.ly/2HvNc38
“Like” No Midnight Podcast on Facebook, and join us Wednesday nights at 8pm pacific…and join the conversation!
THE RUN SHEET
Kory: Welcome to Happy Hour Live, our completely live and interactive Wednesday night show. If you want to join the conversation you can join us in the Facebook Live on Wednesday nights at 8pm pacific. I’m Kory (Cast introductions (Adam, Albie, Jack), Banks Lee (via Skype), Lisa Young in studio (to end of bed).
Kory Intro: An article in the Huffington Post has brought some attention to an issue that has long plagued larger people who enjoy theme parks. Those seats are just not made for big people. In many cases, if you do end up on the ride, you are basically holding your breath until it’s over and trying to look totally comfortable on the ride photo. For many people, their visit to one of these attractions ends with an embarrassing walk of shame off the load platform while their friends go ahead. What is the answer? Do theme parks need to start making their ride vehicles safer for larger people? Or do people just plain need to lose weight? It’s a complex issue and tonight, we’ll hear some very personal, real stories about this very thing.
Kory: Our first guest is, according to his own Facebook profile a: “32 year old father, host of Weekly Rewind, Attractions Show reporter, Professor of Theme Parkanomics” please welcome Banks Lee to the show!
Topic 1: 30 minutes.
- Banks Lee Setup Questions + Story + brief discussion. Then plug Attractions, etc. Cut Banks after.
- Lisa Story + discussion.
- *SECRET* + discussion
- Facebook Comments (Kory)
- What is the answer? Do people need to lose weight? Or does Disney need to attempt to retrofit?
Topic 2: 10 mins
- Let’s grill Albie about Solo: A Star Wars Story. He went to the premiere.
HOUSEKEEPING: 5 mins or less
- Kory: Angie and Josh, our friends at Modern Mouse Boutique have launched a new website with bowties, pocket squares, mouse ears, hats and other parks themed accesories, the’ll even to custom work. You can get 10% with the promo code NOMIDNIGHT at ModernMouseBoutique.com.
- Adam: This Friday on the No Midnight Podcast channel, Kory takes a look back at episode one of our popular serial The Disney Decade. *banter about how fun that project was*
- Jack: The No Midnight Podcast is made possible by donations from Skyler & Josh at the $20 a month level, Daniel, Samuel, Leanne, Jody, and Barbara at the $5 level, as well as Samuel, Candice, Bradley and Christopher. Thanks so much for being a part of the No Midnight Podcast family! *Kory tease exclusive content being rearranged*
- Kory: For info on how to support the show for as little as a dollar a month, head to NoMidnightPodcast.com and click support, or click merch to check out our brand new merch store, I ordered like three things just for myself already this week.
- Albie: You can reach us on social media at TweetNoMidnight on Twitter, No Midnight Podcast on Facebook and Instagram, and catch up on past episodes, become a supporter, pick up some merch, or get in touch at NoMidnightPodcast.com.
Kory: Over the next few weeks we will be announcing some changes, tonight…our Facebook GROUP is now open to anyone that wants to be more involved with the podcast. You no longer have to be a donor! As for those of you who ARE donors, we are going to start giving you a short bonus episode once or twice a week. Stuff you can ONLY HEAR if you donate $1 a month or more to help us keep this thing going. Search for No Midnight Podcast on Facebook, click like, then on the left click community, and send us a request! Once we approve you, turn on notifications so you’ll see us in your timeline, and that’s it. You are plugged in! We would love to have you join our community of theme park dorks.
Oh and before we wrap up, we have a new review on Apple Podcasts!!! *applaud*:
Leave us a 5 star review on Apple Podcasts and we will read it on the show! Special thanks tonight to our guests *applaud away from your mic please* Banks Lee from Attractions The Show, and our dear friend Lisa Young for joining us! Friday, a new episode of The Archive, Monday Trending….*wrap show*